To all GSLs, ESLs, ADCs, and District Exec - Please forward to your teams.
Happy New Year everyone,
I hope you have had a restful break over the Christmas period. I have just come back from the Dress Rehearsal for the Gang Show. We are certainly going to start the year with a bang!
1. Water Activity Days
- booking opens at 1030am on 14th January
for this fabulous water activities days organised by 1st Luton Sea Scouts. All bookings are to be made “on line” via www.firstluton.co.uk
, using the booking password 1stLutonWAD17. See attached flyer.
2. Upcoming Training opportunities
- First Response on 18th February (9.30-1630 @ 3rd Harpenden) - please let Jane Murray know if interested.
- Module 25 (Assessing Learning) - two courses currently available on Herts Scouts website (5th March in St Albans & 18th March at Tolmers)
3. Introduction to the Hills
- See attached flyer
regarding a residential weekend being held in the Peak District available to all Hertfordshire Guides and Scouts (28th April-1st May). Young people can attend without their leaders, transport provided.
4. Forestry Course
- See attached flyer
for a three day course for the Scout Forester badge being held at Tolmers starting 22nd January.
5. Introductory/Intermediate Mountaineering Course (IMC) Easter 2017 - *now accepting applications*
Week one: Sat 1 April- Sun 9 April 2017
Week two: Sat 8 April- Sun 16 April 2017
The IMC is a week long course held at Lochearnhead Scout Station, Hertfordshire Scouts Activity Centre in the Central Highlands of Scotland. The course is open to those who are 13 or above (including adults). No hill walking experience is required prior to the course, although it would prove very beneficial if you have some map reading and basic navigation skills.
The application form is on the county website at: Application form
6. School’s Music Night
- a quick plug for the Mayor's charity event on Wednesday 25th January - “School’s Music Night” with music from St George’s, Sir John Lawes and Roundwood Park Schools. Tickets £5 per adult, £2.50 per child - see flyer for more details
Dates for the diary
22nd January 2017 - District Scout cooking competition
5th February 2017 - County Scout cooking competition @ Stevenage (theme: Round the World Yacht Race)
12th March 2017 - County Triathlon @Lees Wood
18th March 2017 - County Cubs Bushcraft event
28th March -1st April 2017 - Patrol Activity Weekend (PAW) @ Tolmers
18th June 2017 - County Cub Water Activities Day
23rd-25th June 2017 - Take Away Weekend @Harmergreen Wood (for Patrol Leaders)
10th September 2017 - Chief Scouts Gold Award presentation day @ Stevenage
23rd September 2017 - Cub County Night Hike
6th - 8th October 2017 - Born 2B Challenged @Harmergreen Wood
10th October 2017 - Cubs Cyclocross
17th-19th November 2017 - Green Beret Challenge @ Phasels Wood
All the best